These Terms of Insurance form part of the Terms and Conditions of Booking and Hire. It shall be a condition of hire that these Terms of Insurance have been read, understood and accepted in their entirety and without any change or modification at the time that a booking is made and repeated at the time that the hire commences when entering into the Vehicle Rental Agreement.
In these Terms of Insurance the words shall have the same meaning as in the Terms and Conditions of Booking and Hire.
The Insurance is with Liverpool Victoria (LV). New Forest Safari is the insured party and the Hirer is provided with the following insurance cover:
- Fully Comprehensive motor insurance to drive only the Vehicle subject to a £500.00 excess (such excess is recoverable from the Hirer);
- Theft of the Vehicle subject to an excess amounting to 25% of the claim (such excess is recoverable from the Hirer); and
- Damage to or destruction of the Vehicle arising from conversion of or caused by any cooking and/or heating equipment (gas heating or hob, barbecue etc.) subject to an excess amounting to 25% of the claim (such excess is recoverable from the Hirer).
The Insurance does not include The Hirer’s personal property or the Living Equipment. No claim for loss of or damage to these items may be claimed under the Insurance and, in consequence, the Hirer shall remain responsible for the full cost of any loss of or damage to the Living Equipment.
Driving the Vehicle is restricted solely to persons (the Hirer and the Driver) shown on the Booking Form and the Vehicle Rental Agreement. Generally, the following persons are not permitted to drive the Vehicle:
- Drivers under 25 or over 75 years of age
- Drivers who do not hold a full valid United Kingdom or EU driving licence for 2 years;
- Drivers who have been convicted of any offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or penalty points imposed in the past 3 years
- Drivers who have any mental or physical defect or infirmity or suffer from fits, diabetes or any heart complaint;
- Drivers who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any motor insurer
- Drivers who have, whilst driving, been involved in more than one motor accident in the past three years;
- Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports;
- Jockeys and persons connected with racing of any sort;
- Undergraduates and/or students under 25 years of age;
- Foreign Service Personnel other than persons born in the United Kingdom