Rainy Day Activities!
Okay, so we know that we’re all a little bit bitter about the weather. What happened to the amazing summer we were having?! Well, we think this is the British summer that we all secretly know and love, but it does make it a little harder to find activities to do! We’ve put together a shortlist of our favourite “rainy-day” activities. Keep reading…
1. Beaulieu Motor Museum - The great thing about the national motor museum, is that most of it is covered! The fabulous cars are kept undercover, so you can pursue them without getting soggy! Although, make sure you do bring a brolly for walking between the different areas of the museum!
2. New Forest Centre, Lyndhurst - Set in the heart of the National park in Lyndhurst, you'll find a fascinating museum, visitor information centre, gift shop, library and exhibition gallery. The museum is packed full of information and fun activities. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the Beaulieu road pony sales and step back in time into the traditional cob cottage. Don't miss the new family fun tree in the heart of the museum. And many more attractions are on offer here!
3. Liberty's Owl, Raptor and Reptile Centre, Ringwood - This indoor attraction is great to keep everyone entertained when the rain starts! At Liberty's owl, Raptor and Reptile centre you will find a large collection of Birds of Prey, including owls, hawks, falcons and vultures, as well as a collection of reptiles and other creepy crawlies in the reptile house. They also offer falconry experience days, photographic experience days and hawking days to people who wan to take up the opportunity to enjoy a closer encounter with some of the birds.
4. Intech Science centre, Ringwood - This attraction is brilliant when it's raining, not only will it keep the kids busy it also teaches them so much whilst having fun! Located 3 miles from Winchester the indoor attraction features a digital theatre, planetarium shows and exhibits on such subjects as computers, the human body, music, laws of motion, sport, sound, recycling, engineering and electricity! With over 100 hands-on exhibits they can really see "How and Why" things are as they are!
5. Monkey Madness, Christchurch - Monkey Madness is Christchurch's biggest soft play centre for children of all ages. If you want the best play experience in Christchurch, we are here to provide it for you. They offer two play frames within the centre, a frame created for the under 4's, and a huge main frame with a 3 lane astra slide along with spiral tube slide, aerial runway, tunnels, obstacles and much more. Monkey Madness is the best choice for children to have fun and benefit from some great exercise whilst they burn off their excess energy.