Our must visit pubs and restaurants
Peckish? Here’s our pick of the best restaurants and pubs in Hampshire and the New Forest!
We know you’ll be making the most of your Campervans cooking facilities.. But who doesn’t enjoy a nice meal out? We’ve composed a list of our favourite New Forest pubs and restaurants that are definitely worth a visit while you’re out on your safari!
1. The East End Arms - East End, Lymington: If you want to enjoy a pint while hanging out with some New Forest ponies, then the East End Arms is the pub for you. Set on the edge of the forest with ponies roaming nearby, it's a great spot to take in the beautiful landscape. If it's a nice day the garden is lovely, and the food is traditional and delicious.
2. The Monkey House - Lymington: The Monkey House is one of the last standing free houses in the picturesque seaside town of Lymington. A family run restaurant bringing all the elements of the classic British pub which everyone can enjoy; home cooked food, log fires and excellent service. If you want to enjoy The Monkey House at a peak time, then definitely call ahead to avoid disappointment!
3. La Perle - Milford on Sea: For a little bit of luxury, head over to the beautiful seaside village of Millage of Sea. La Perle is a quaint little bistro serving traditional English food with an a La Carte twist. Sam the Chef and owner was a contestant on BBC's MasterChef: The Professionals and is passionate about his food. The service is brilliant, and it truly is a very special night out. For after dinner drinks head to The Washhouse Bar across the street for a pint of Local Ale!
4. The Rockingham Arms - Romsey: A beautiful historic pub, built in the 1840's. The food is excellent, and the service is pristine! They're a dog friendly pub so your four-legged friend can come along too! Their back garden leads straight onto the Canada common which is a national heritage area. Amazing food and beautiful surroundings, what more could you ask for?
5. Monty's Inn - Beaulieu: Are you heading out for the day at the fantastic Beaulieu Motor Museum? Then definitely check out the Monty's Arms to re-charge your batteries. A luxury pub offering the best in locally grown and sourced grub! Friendly staff and comfortable seating makes for a night well spent! It's best to book to avoid disappointment as they're very popular!