So, I don’t want to speak too soon, but I think we might be coming to the end of our fabulous summer but fear not! Although the mornings and evenings are getting frostier, you can still have a lovely, cosy time in one of our classic vans! Here are some tips we’ve put together on how to camp like a pro, even on those colder trips!
1. Book yourself a hook-up! - All of our classic vans come equipped with an electric heater, so make sure you book a hook-up to make use of this. (Our modern van, Ash, also has built in heating!)
2. Bring some extra layers - You may still want to be going for some lovely long walks in the forest or along the Jurassic coast, so make sure to bring an extra jumper or two so you don't get too chilly.
3. Stay warm with lots of hot drinks! - All of our vans have stoves installed, perfect for making endless cups of tea or hot chocolate.
4. Lighting - As the nights are starting to get shorter, it's worth bringing some extra lighting with you, perhaps a portable lantern so you can still sit outside the van once it's dark!
5. Eat good wholesome meals - Eating and drinking well is the best way to stay warm, if you're body is energised you will be likely to stay warmer!
6. Check your campsites! - Although our season runs from March-October, some of the sites will shut at the end of September, make sure you don't rock up somewhere to find they're not open!
Let us know if you’ve got any of your own “cool” camping tips!Back to Blog